The Presets

http://www.myspace.com/thepresets

The Presets are my most favorite band to surface from Australia since AC/DC. Not that they are in any way similar to AC/DC but they are on their way to becoming just as big.

They have just completed 2 years of solid touring the globe promoting their debut album 'Beams' and are set to support Daft Punk as the French robot's hit the shores down-under next month.

Today though heralds the preview of their new track 'My People' on their Myspace which, is a corker of a track, already wetting my appetite in preparation of the new material.

The gritty, grinding synth bass lines and driving rhythm of 'My People' is reflecting a slightly tougher progression of the dancefloor hits like 'I Go Hard, I Go Home' and 'Are You The One' from Beams. But the Presets have always had a distinctively dark character to their music with tracks like 'Waiting For You' and 'Cookie' from their EP 'Blow', this sound being evermore present in the new material.

The Presets: My People.mp3 (zshare)

Presets Myspace

0 comments: