Drugs! Drugs! Drugs!



Albert Hofmann, the Swiss chemist who discovered LSD, passed away yesterday at the slightly unpresidented age of 102. To commemorate the scientist who brought the world a spectrum of colour to the 1960's and beyond, here's a mega post from Philly's aptly titled Designer Drugs. If you haven't heard about these guys check out my interview with them here. Oh, and if you were born yesterday and want to know all about LSD check out this 1960s LSD Propaganda Film.
Albert Hofmann R.I.P.


First up is their cracking new remix of Fake Shark -Real Zombie!'s track 'Designer Drugs'. Check out that grinding synth. Lovely!

Fake Shark -Real Zombie! - Designer Drugs (Designer Drugs Remix).mp3 (zshare)



I have been meaning to post this track from France's electro/ indie band Flou after receiving it a week or so ago. Anyway, here it is along with the Designer Drugs Remix.

Flou - Les gens (pour ce qu’ils sont) (Designer Drugs Remix).mp3 (zshare)
Heres the original:
Flou - Les gens (pour ce qu’ils sont).mp3 (zshare)



Midnight Juggernauts's new album 'Dystopia' is currently getting heaps of airplay on my ipod, one track that has really stood out, and not just to me is 'Tombstone'. Heres DD's nice little re-touch:

Midnight Juggernauts - Tombstone (Designer Drugs Belated Re-edit).mp3 (zshare)



Next up is Protokoll who are only new to me but in every way brilliant. I'm really loving their driving guitar based tracks and Interpol-esque vocals. Yet again DD have worked their magic to add some driving electro to their 'Moving Forward'.

Protokoll - Moving Forward (Designer Drugs Remix).mp3 (zshare)



I saw Thieves Like Us just over a year ago at Durrr and haven't heard much from them since, (mind you I have been busy). Their tracks 'Fass' and 'Drugs In My Body' are both awesome and I still have yet to get around to re-mixing 'Drugs In My Body' since I got hold of the track elements from that Kitsune remix competition they ran ages ago. Anyway, here DD's version.

Thieves Like Us - Drugs In My Body (Designer Drugs Remix).mp3 (zshare)

Designer Drugs Myspace

0 comments: