I Am 1 Today

Tee's

Well it's finally here, the one year anniversary of this random dribble of text, music and graphics that some of you might call a blog. It's been a very busy year for me and I want to thank all who have contributed their brilliant music and mix tapes and all of you who keep coming back for more. I probably started off with a couple of you guys reading my ramblings but, since I started tracking my web traffic back in March I now have a steady average of about 200 hits a day which I think is amazing, so thank you all.

As you might already know, I'm a graphic designer working for a merchandise company in London designing tee's for bands and festivals. Not every band is as open minded to great illustration on their T-shirts as I'd like to see but you can see some examples of my better recent projects above. Some were made, some were not.

I have been working on the Oh-Death label as my side project for over a year now. My work on this blog is not for profit, the only money I make other than the 9-5 is off my prints and T-shirts so thanks to all of you who have purchased them over the past year or so. Also, thank you to those who have shown interest in me producing illustrations and designs for your band, website, etc. I apologise if I haven't got around to working on some of them yet but managing a full time job and finding the time to blog and design in my spare time is difficult to say the least since it's still a one man operation. But I would say that if enough of you start asking then maybe I could live the dream of designing stuff I love and blogging full time. Ah well, a guy can dream can't he?

Anyway, here's a little celebration I dug up the other day. It's a live birthday mix I made in 2004 back when I was still making mashup's high on the influence of the 2 Many Dj's mixtapes and a note able 80's indulgence. Hence the oh so clever university Dj name 'Vinyl Richie', haha...ha....ahh, yeah anyway. Those who have heard my mixes under the Oh-Death guise might notice my choice of tracks that mixed well together resurfacing from this original mixing experiment.

DJ Vinyl Richie - The Birthday Mix.mp3
(medifire)
1. Babylon Zoo - Spaceman (intro)
2. Beastie Boys - Intergalactic (Instrumental)
3. Bart Simpson - Do The Bartman (Acapella)
4. House Of Pain - Jump Around
5. Kriss Kross -Jump
6. Tweet - Boogie Tonight
7. Lil Kim - Not Tonight
8. Laura Branigan - Self Control
9. Dj Kool - Let Me Clear My Throat
10. Nu Shooz - I Can't Wait
11. Ol' Dirty Bastard - Got Your Money
12. Crystal Waters - Gypsy Woman
13. Was Not Was - Shake Your Head
14. Whitney Houston - Love Will Save The Day
15. Cameo - Word Up
16. Robin S - Show Me Love
17. Wham - Young Guns
18. Right Said Fred - I'm too Sexy
19. Bronski Beat - Small Town Boy
20. The Ones - Flawless
21. George Michael - Flawless (Go To The City)
22. Layo & Bushwacker - Love Story

Oh-Death.com
Oh-Death Myspace

2 comments:

Johnny The Anomaly™ said...

Congrats O.D.

Allways A Worthy Spot To Stop While Im Pretending To Work

Lawrence Spring said...

If my calculation is right, you're about to celebrate your 5th anniversary this year. Business people today started to use blogs as part of their marketing strategy. This requires a lot of patience and effort, so congratulations.