at Tuesday, March 02, 2010
Most DJ's I know of are blokes. So, when one of the fairer sex comes along, more often or not she's either backed up with a crew and is part of a 'collective' or she's actually terrible at mixing. Sometimes this isn't the case, especially if you've had the pleasure of listening to DJ Cassette.
Now fair enough, she's sent a mix and like most people these days we're all using software to 'tidy' our mixes and cover our mistakes, but when you consider her growing reputation amoungst the hippest parties in town then I'm willing to take a bet she's actually not half bad.
From swanky parties at New York Fashion Week to gritty underground havens, Cassette has supported the likes of The Presets, Claude Von Stroke, DJ AM, Whomadewho, Axwell, Amanda Blank & the Spankrock DJs, Pilooski, and most recently La Roux, Empire of the Sun and A-Trak on the Water Stage at Parklife 2009.
Check out her recent-ish (Sorry, late post) Club Troppo mixtape for a quick work out.
DJ Cassette - Club Troppo mix.mp3 (Direct Link)
1. Hustlin intro - ABX vs Rick Ross
2. Afronuts (Dcup remix)- Yolanda be cool
3. I'm ready (Luddy Military Girls rework) - Kano
4. Hold The Line (Douster hold the drop edit) -Major Lazer vs Afrojack
5. Scatterbox (Hey Now rework) - Mowgli
6. Too Cool for Amsterdam Bitch - Don Diablo
7. Turbo Love (Spruce Lee remix) -Bagraiders
8. I was drunk (feat. Noze) - Riva Starr
9. Autograph (original dirty mix) - Hatiras & MC Flipside
10. Cool (original) - Spencer & Hill
11. You've got the Love (M. Vogel & Lordenzo remix) - Candi Staton