Twister



Greg Wilson, one of my favorite DJ's and remixer's is currently releasing previously unreleased & limited release edits via his Soundcloud page:

"Having finally got around to upgrading my SoundCloud account, I'm going to start uploading a whole heap of edits and remixes, in addition to the DJ mixes I regularly add, at the rate of at least a wav a week. This will be ongoing (a lot of stuff to get up there) and include downloads available to all, but also downloads that are only privately accessible."

What's interesting is the description accompanying each edit like, when he sampled Oliver Cheatham’s 1983 release ‘Get Down Saturday Night' for his ‘Twister’/'Time And Place (Disco Break)' only to leave it on the backburner too long, before Vito Lucente who scored a #1 hit with the Room 5 single ‘Make Luv’ sampling the very same record in 2002. I think you'd agree that Wilsons edit beats Lucente's naff house remix any day.

808 State 'Pacific State' (greg wilson electric chair edit) by gregwilson

Teenage DJ aka Greg Wilson 'Time And Place (Disco Break)' by gregwilson

The Bassheads 'Is There Anybody Out There?' (greg wilson edit) by gregwilson

The League Unlimited Orchestra 'Don't You Want Me' (greg wilson edit) by gregwilson

2 comments:

theinternetgarbage.com said...

At first some of these seemed a little too busy for my taste, but I gave them another listen and I think they could grow on me. I like the last one a lot, but that might be because it has a more "standard" or clean sound. They are all awesome though - I always find myself impressed by people who can use their technology to get this shit right!

The Internet Garbage

pay per head said...

I think you giving great advice for playwrights staring out.Very nicely described your thoughts here.I like to read more about this.